Boydcreek

East side Jargon about home,family,sports,fun,and blogging

Name:
Location: T-Town, Alabama, United States

Retired enjoy bloging

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Hi gang, another hot day at Boyd creek. The water is just a trickle now. I belive the weather is going to do it in. How ever a little rain….will make it different.

I got this in e-mail today. You may have seen it already. It just shows how much things have changed.

Know you’re living in 2004 when...

1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family
is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You go home after a long day at works you still answer the phone
in a business manner.

7. You make phone calls from home, you accidentally dial "9" to
get an
outside line.

8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies.

10. You learn about your redundancy on the 11 o'clock news.

11. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job.

12. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.

13. Every commercial on television has a website at the bottom of the screen.

14. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the
first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

15. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your coffee.

16. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)

17. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

18. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

19. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

20. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.

AND NOW YOU ARE LAUGHING at yourself.

Go on, forward this to your friends ...you know you want to

Blogsurfing today I ran across something I have tried to do a little research on today but I am not having the luck I thought I would. After reading several posts I saw that there was a tension factor or age factor preeminent. I belive the older you get the more aware of the competition there is between the age groups.

We see it every day in sports, modeling, jobs and relationships. As we get older the harder it is in most cases to compete. For many these is a source of anxiety and depression. A feeling of worthleness.

I am sure there have been studies on this ferocity. I hope to find what the current thought is on this as our population ages.

I don’t know who said it but I believe it “YOU ARE NOT GETTING OLDER, YOUR GETTING BETTER! There is a time for every thing and this is our time. It is our choice what to do with it.

Sure I get aggravated when I can’t hit my seven iron as for as my grand son but that’s life. The clock is going to keep on ticking!

I know it is a lot more complicated than my seven iron. Our looks, health, weight, all are part of it. The young forget their elders have feelings just like they do and are just as passionate!

Tip for the day!
‘Any change works for a maximum of three holes…. or a minimum of not at all.’

Thought for the day, sunrise, sunset, every day be your best!

Word for the day; Sultry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home