Boydcreek

East side Jargon about home,family,sports,fun,and blogging

Name:
Location: T-Town, Alabama, United States

Retired enjoy bloging

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Hi gang, come on HUMP DAY! Are you ready, the week is gona get you!

Ashpattern: Hey, you know what "hump day" is?
Sandman: today is hump day
Ashpattern: grrr
Sandman: what? It is. Strange question. :-)
Ashpattern: Me and my wife were having an argument about whether or not it was a word
Sandman: well, first one would have to define what makes something a word. My non-argumentative definition of a word is something people say and other people know what they are talking about. Hump day fits those criteria, but I don't know if that makes it a valid word by oxford English dictionary standards
Ashpattern: year a freak... but you knew that
Sandman: I’ve heard the whispers, but I pay them no heed
Ashpattern: my thanks for your assistance
Sandman: nap. Also, it isn't in dictionary.com but a search for it on goggle yields 1,570 hits. Tough question. It reminds me of that old question "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, is Hump day a word?"

I have heard the word HUMPDAY all my life. Why isn’t it in the dictionary? Hum…. What else are they hiding from us?

I had a friend in school his nickname was Hump. Every time someone said his name in class every one would laugh. He had a hump on his back!
Now tell me how you can have your mind in the gutter at seven years old?

Speaking of school, it has just started here and we have trouble already. Listen to what happened to little Johnny!

Little Johnny comes home from school with a note from his teacher, indicating that "Johnny seems to be having some difficulty with the differences between boys & girls" & would his mother, "please sit down & have a talk with Johnny about this."
So Johnny's mother takes him quietly, by the hand, upstairs to her bedroom & closes the door. "First, Johnny, I want you to take off my blouse..." So he unbuttons her blouse & takes it off.
"Ok, now take off my skirt..." & he takes off her skirt.” Now take off my bra..." which he does. "And now, Johnny, please take off my panties.” A
Nod when Johnny finishes removing those, she says, "Johnny, PLEASE don't wear any of my clothes to school any more!"

I hope none of you are having this kind of problem at home!

Thought for the day, I looked up in the tree and saw a bird today. Pretty is can be and I thought to my self that bird is looking back at me!

Word for the day; Humph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home