Boydcreek

East side Jargon about home,family,sports,fun,and blogging

Name:
Location: T-Town, Alabama, United States

Retired enjoy bloging

Friday, October 22, 2004

‘LOOKING GLASS’


Hi gang Friday is about over and you have a little free time on your hands enjoy every moment! I had a Doctors appointment today the first in five months. Not all rosy but I am not dead. Nor should I be in the near future. No flu shoots! However I did get a big niddle in my right hip for pain. He thinks I may have bersides. What next! Oh well bunch of other stuff, just more to complain about.

I would like to share with you an experience I had several years ago now in a Prison Ministry called Kiros. No, I am not going to preach tonight grossly not gulified for the job! This is a nondenominational ministry geared at bring christen values to prisons across the country. In short it means a short teaching.

The weekend is broken into table groups with two laymen (or laywomen in women’s prison) and four to six inmates. There is a discussion after each presentation given.

On one weekend I came face to face with the fine line of mental illness, drug abuse and life and death over adhering to a drug program. Think far a moment what it takes to keep an automobile going. Gas, oil and electricity, assuming the engine is in good shape.

Our system is like this too. We need water, food and a fine tuned brain.

I was at a table with an inmate who had mental problems but was ok as long as he was on his medication. Every day a guard would come in by us and announce pill call. I had never thought about it. I thought it was headaches colds etc.

It had never donned on me that with out their medication they could not function…! I can see this is going to be a little longer than normal so I will break it up and post the balance tomorrow.

Thought for the day, it is amazing how we assume we will be here tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home