Boydcreek

East side Jargon about home,family,sports,fun,and blogging

Name:
Location: T-Town, Alabama, United States

Retired enjoy bloging

Sunday, May 02, 2004

Hi gang, well another weekend is fast closing! Did you get every thing done you wanted to? We have had rain the last three days and now it is quite a bit colder. I just cut the grass but with all the rain it needs cutting again!

Dessi. Has a three-question game going looks like fun, so listen close I copied from her site.

3 Questions
A meme (I found this at Kaarins place)

I want everyone who reads this to ask me 3 questions, no more no less. Ask me anything you want and I will answer it. Then, I want you to go to your journal, copy and paste this allowing your friends (including myself) to ask you anything.

Great idea! Let's get to know each other a little better, shall we?

Posted by Desiree at 11:10 in meme | Permalink

Give it a whirl all you got to lose is a minute of time!

This is suppose to be PHOTO SUNDAY but don’t have my pictures working yet. So I will give you just a short history of the area.

At the head of the Tuscaloosa Basin in the Appalachian foothills, the "Black Warrior Village" existed just west of downtown Tuscaloosa. This was the beginning of the history of Tuscaloosa.

NATIVE AMERICAN HISTORY

The "Black Warrior Village" has been in existence as early as 1580, although it was abandoned at times. The village was unoccupied circa 1750-1760. The primary native tribes of the area were the Choctaw and Creeks. The Creeks resettled the old village around 1800. By order of General Andrew Jackson, General Coffee and his men attacked the Creek village in 1813 during the Creek War. The village was burned as retaliation to the kidnapping of Mrs. Crowley at Duck River, Tennessee, leaving few Creeks in the area. After the Creek War any remaining creeks were removed to land in eastern Alabama west of the Coosa River. The Choctaw Indians removed to lands west of Tuscaloosa, although some remained in the area. By 1836, President Andrew Jackson had decided that all Indians must be moved to the Indian Territory, a move that we all know as the "trail of Tears."

Thought for the day, moments alone with you make my day!

Word for the day: Blarney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home