Boydcreek

East side Jargon about home,family,sports,fun,and blogging

Name:
Location: T-Town, Alabama, United States

Retired enjoy bloging

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

At Last A Spare in the House



My son and I working to gather good family bonding time! First we have to install a new door. No problem, get a set, casing and door unit. Only need a couple of tools! Yea Right...



Well no problem, you lay out the door on the wall cut it out and WALA! IT WONT FIT!
Hey just a little trim here and there and WALA! Still WONT FIT!

Find out you have to have a loose fit to move the unit around and fit in place.
Heavy cuting and WALA! CUT TO MUCH!




Inter grandson let me see, move it like this and this! Put a tack nail in quick!
WALA IT FITS! Now things should be all...



Except for one thing,with all the cutting and banging my son did this to the base board above the door...



Hey not bad for three amatures, at least we are still talking to each other after five and a half hours of almost perfect door hanging.

Please if you need doors hung DON"T CALL US! LOL!

Now all we have to do is the PLUMBING I can't wait...

5 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

All I have to say is you have an "A for effort
and retaining your humor."

You are great Joe it is great to have you back
posting. Now how are you feeling?

BTW let me know how the plumbing goes.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

You're too funny, buddy. This sounds like a good Jeff Foxworthy story!! Great job! :)

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand that plumbing has a language of it's own.

Good luck

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that you're still all friends speaks volumes. What's a few drywall nicks, hey?

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - you crack me up. Sending you a beeg hug as you are working far too hard. I am glad winter is coming your way as maybe you will relax a little bit and take care of yourself.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home