Boydcreek

East side Jargon about home,family,sports,fun,and blogging

Name:
Location: T-Town, Alabama, United States

Retired enjoy bloging

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Much needed rain has been received! The dogs had their legs crossed most of the day. I believe we got about 1 1/2" of rain. We have been so dry! I am not complaining.

I made out my living will and it back fired...
A man and his wife were sitting in the living room
and he said to her,

"Just so you know, I never want to live in a
vegetative state, dependent on
some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that
ever happens, just pull the
plug."

His wife got up, unplugged the TV and threw out
all of his beer.

More Big Machines...

What's huge, slow, and capable of hauling up to 400 tons of bullshit? While my first response would probably be Slashdot, too, in this case we're describing the Liebherr T 282B truck, a 224 ton monster with a massive 3650-horsepower diesel engine. New Scientist has an interview with Liebherr R&D head Francis Bartleby in which he drops a load of tasty T 282B trivia, like the fact that the huge diesel engine actually generates electricity to power two electric drive motors, and the story about the time a driver of one of the big trucks accidentally crushed a normal-sized service truck and didn't even notice.


Thought for the day, my grandpa use to say son, close your eyes and you can smell the turkey and dressing baking. I still can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home