Boydcreek

East side Jargon about home,family,sports,fun,and blogging

Name:
Location: T-Town, Alabama, United States

Retired enjoy bloging

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

"Teals of Yesterday and Tomorrow"

I ran across this little jewel at the junk yard. I was so excited to see this horse drawn machine of by gone days. Looking at it I could visualize the muscles on the horse pulling this road scraper through the streets!

Road scrapers are still used across the world today to help keep dirt roads smooth. We have a dirt road a mile or so down from our home and see the modern day scraper after it rains. After the rain the road is much easer to run the scraper on.


I ran across this web sight looking at history of the road scraper. It is a wonderful story of a woman's determination to succeed! If you like history I belief you will find this sight will keep your interest! Enjoy

Thought for the day, my grandpa use to say son never forget where we have come from. With out our history where would we be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home